Meet The Author
I'm Aaron Decker, a full stack developer with about 10 years of experience writing code. I have worked as a Tech Lead and hired a teams, as Senior Software Engineer at multiple fortune 500 companies building large products, and taught programming courses as an Adjunct Instructor at a local community college.
This course draws on my experience hiring, teaching, and working in the industry. You can reach me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, Linkedin, or Twitter @dynamicdoublea. I blog sometimes at http://ard.ninja.
Why You Should Care
I have performed surveys that indicate that most of the top reasons why developers don’t respond to recruiters are things you can fix by understanding technology, developers, and tech culture more. My argument is this: if you want to improve your response rate and get higher quality candidates on the hook you will benefit from this course.
I have interviewed extremely senior recruiters who have also shared the same insights about "not doing things in a cookie-cutter fashion" and how generally understanding the industry better leads to better results. You can learn tech topics somewhere else, but I am building this course specifically for recruiters and it will be curated all in one place for you.
Some Reasons Why Developers Don’t Respond:
- 🤔 Mismatched technology skillset in proposal
- 🔧 Mismatched skill level / career level
- 🗣️ Off-putting language in your email
- 🗺️ Geographic location mismatch
- 💤 Company / role seems uninteresting
- 🗑️ Clearly sent from a bulk campaign.
What Will I Learn?
- What developers think (and what makes them hit reply)
- Frontend Technology vs Backend Technology
- Mobile Devs vs Web Devs
- Dissecting common websites and apps
- Deep dive on React, Vue, Angular, and more!
- Intro to server architecture
- Cloud providers overview (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- How to spot a good junior dev
What Do I get
- Lifetime access to the video course
- All slide decks
- Additional Notes and Links
- Updates when new content is added to the course
- 100% Money Back Guarantee if you are not satisfied